Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ch Ch Ch Changes

For as long as I can remember, I have always wanted to go to Cosmetology school. And as much as I have always wanted to, I always told myself it would probably never happen. I have really thought that getting my Bachelors degree and being a teacher would be a more respectable choice. The further I have gotten into school, the more I have realized that I am going through school for all the wrong reasons. I don't want to go through all of this schooling because I'm worried of what people would think of me if I didn't. Honestly, that has been a huge reason of why I didn't go to cosmetology school in the first place. Everyone knows the reputation of girls who go to Beauty School, and I didn't want people to think I am dumb or that I can't do anything other than hair. But I realized something a few weeks ago, no one is going to live my life except me. I should be doing something that I am passionate about and something that makes me happy, regardless of what people think. At the end of this semester I will be finishing school at BYU-Idaho with my Associates Degree. Since I have made the decision to go to Paul Mitchell Cosmetology school I have felt such a sense of relief that I am doing the right thing. My entire family is completely supportive of this decision and I couldn't be happier to be excited to wake up and go to school everyday studying what makes me happy. 


Peter and I are both very excited with this change. Our goal is to someday be able to afford a house where I can have an area to do hair out of our home. This is such an amazing thought for me that I may have the opportunity to be able to do hair out of my home and be a stay at home mom. Seriously my ideal life! I will be able to pick my own prices and my own hours and everything! I am doing what I want to do and I don't care what people think because I'm happy and my family is happy, and that is all that matters. I couldn't be happier or more proud to start school at Paul Mitchell in January 2012.

4 comments:

  1. Woot woot!!!! Go u! So excited for ya!

    Sista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I am so excited for you to be doing something you LOVE, and I know you will be amazing! I'm not going to lie... I am selfishly very excited to make use of your mad skills. =)

    Love-me

    P.S. Now I have the "ch-ch-ch-chia" song stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darel and I were talking about how proud we are of you for doing what you love. I know you will be so happy with this decision, You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going back to hair school too so I can get my license in this state, maybe we'll see each other :)

    ReplyDelete