Friday, May 20, 2011

Seriously Fabulous Runners

Sorry if you have already read this post, but blogger deleted it so I'm going to try to recreate it :)

This past weekend my sisters and I had a special sisters weekend in Utah. The main event being the Provo Half Marathon!
Towards the beginning of my training, I saw this video on Youtube. At first it was just a joke but it became more of a motivation. I think this video is so cute and it shows the kind of attitude we should all have. Hope you like it!
I found myself making lists of everyone in my life who motivates me and teaches me that I can do anything I put my mind to and it really gave me the extra push to keep running. The race was absolutely amazing and it definitely made it special to do it with my sisters. Shanna and I did the relay which means I ran the first 6.5 miles and Shanna finished with the last 6. 5 miles. Jesica did all 13 miles with her running partner from home.
All three of us went to the race with our own goals and it was a really good feeling to leave together knowing we had all achieved them. Running for me has been a constant battle with myself, not letting myself walk and to really push myself. I couldn't have done it without my sisters and my husband, they all continuously sent me inspirational text messages and always made sure I was being positive. 
Like I have already said, I really enjoyed working hard to train for this race and achieving my goal. As good as it felt, I had to remind myself that my training is not done. My final goal is to run a full half marathon. Peter and I are signed up for one in September, so this race was a good half way point for my half marathon. It won't be easy but I can only imagine how good it will feel to cross that finish line. What a great experience it was to do this with my sisters and I can't wait for more to come!
Time for me to hit the track!

No comments:

Post a Comment