Sunday, May 22, 2011

Wicked

Peter and I have talked multiple times about possibly going to see the Broadway musical Wicked. A few months ago my sweet husband surprised me and told me he bought us tickets to go see Wicked. The Broadway show has been traveling around the U.S. and we were really excited to take the opportunity to see it while we can.
We started out the night by going to a super fancy restaurant. It was fun but we felt a little bit awkward because it was the whole situation where you don't know which fork to use and everything. Apparently we aren't super fancy kind of people. It was still fun though we were just anxious to get to the show. It became clear just how excited we were when we found out we were the first ones out of the entire audience to show up for the show that night. If you know Dalby girls, then you know that we aren't always exactly "on time". It was made very clear on the tickets that if you showed up late then they would not let you in. There was no way that we were going to miss seeing Wicked because I had to put on lip gloss or something crazy like that. We didn't realize two hours was so early for this kind of event! It was really funny, so we made the most of it and took some time to explore the building. 
The musical was absolutely amazing! I have never seen anything like it! The music was so pretty and the story line was perfect. I love The Wizard of Oz, so I really enjoyed all the tie-ins and how it really changed how I look at The Wizard of Oz (in a good way). Since we saw Wicked on the first night of the weekend, we had the rest of the time to do whatever we wanted. We spent a lot of our time just relaxing and catching up on sleep. However we made a deal that we were not going to sleep and just hang out the whole time so we planned to do a few activities.
We definitely made it a priority to go to the Zoo because that is an activity both of us enjoy and it doesn't cost a lot of money. It was really fun to see all the animals; my favorite part of the Zoo was squirting myself in the face with a blueberry icee... Hard to beat when on the same day a little boy ran up to me wrapped his hand around my waist and would not let go. I mean this kid seriously had the grip of a gladiator, his mom was like pulling him off of me and he was making such a scene. Ya know those kinds of things can be cute sometimes but this had crossed the line of awkward and on to inappropriate. I had never even seen this kid before, and I was really confused as to what was even going on. The mom of this kid was seriously mortified, to be honest I really don't blame her. Weird, to say the least. So the Zoo was a funny experience all together. The other parts of our trip were filled with eating delicious food, visiting semi-interesting museums, shopping, getting lost (a lot), swimming, and just enjoying our time together.
Despite all the funny and weird things that happened, we had such a fun time and were grateful that we were able to go see this amazing musical. I love my husband and I loved spending time with him on this special weekend trip.

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOOO jealous! (About the musical part... not the weird kid attached to your waist part!) I'm glad you guys were able to get away together!

    Love-Shan

    ReplyDelete