Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Landon

I have been doing a lot of reflecting lately with the realization that our time with Landon as an only child is coming to an end. I know this is not a sad thing, however I have been overwhelmed with emotions lately of how grateful I am for the last 16 months and for the special amount of one on one time we have had together. Landon is the most incredible blessing that Peter and I have ever even imagined. He is the first one to make me a mom and I will never forget that moment. I struggle with the idea of being able to split my time between two little boys and making sure that they both always feel loved and paid attention to. I never want Landon to feel neglected nor replaced yet I want our new little one to have the love and attention Landon has had as a baby too. I am sure I am over thinking this process way too much but I think it's normal to have so many thoughts about what changes another baby will bring to our lives. I am sure everything will be fine and both our boys will be loved more than they would probably even want. For now though we are spending a good amount of quality time as a family of three. We have been to the zoo, a kiddie water park at a near by rec center, and we even took Landon to a matinee movie. I love our little family and I know it will only get better and more fun as we add more to it. With all the time I have had to think about Landon's life so far I decided I wanted to do something special for him to be able to look back on. So I put together a small video of Landon and the fun times we have had together so far. Let me be the first one to say I am no pro when it comes to movie making and this was the first time I have ever made anything like this, but I thought it would be a fun little thing for our family to be able to watch and remember. Anyway here it is:

2 comments:

  1. Balancing two kids was hard at first for me, but you get the hang of it. Landon is young enough that I will be surprised if he goes through much jealousy of his new brother. Collette was 2 1/2 when Emmett came along, so there were a few weeks of "I don't like Baby Brother" and "Can we send Emmett back?" But now she loves the little guy. I guess what I'm saying is that you'll totally be able to balance the two kids - it's an adjustment going from one to two kids, but not as big of an adjustment as going from no kids to one kid. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video is amazing!! Landon is such a sweetheart and you're totally a pro. And why does time have to go by so fast!!!! They grow up way too quick. So excited for your new adventures as a mama of two! You're going to rock it. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete