Friday, March 13, 2015

The Boys Room

I mentioned before in a previous post that I was working on decorating the boys room. We literally hadn't put any effort into making it cute when we moved in, it was basically just some furniture thrown into a room. I felt bad that I had neglected it so much, so it was really fun spending the time to make it a little more put together. It's a small room so I decided to keep it pretty simple so that it didn't totally overwhelm the space. There aren't a ton of boy room themes out there that I loved and I know the whole beachy/ nautical theme can be a little cliche, but I kept coming across decor in so many stores that I loved and so I just decided to go with it. Not to mention Peter loves the beach and I knew he would love it if our boys had a room centered around that. So here are some before and after pictures of their room.

Before





After
(I will fill the empty picture frames with photos of the boys when the baby gets here)






While re-doing the room we decided to go ahead and buy Landon a toddler bed. We were really excited because we found a good deal on craigslist for one that was barely used and matched our crib perfectly. So Landon has officially transitioned into his big boy bed and I'm so glad that he did it without any fight. The first night was a breeze, he didn't even get out once. When he wakes up in the morning he will sometimes play for a little and then when he is ready to come out he quietly knocks on the door and waits for us to come get him. 


It feels good to have the room done and now I finally feel like we have done everything we needed to do to prepare for this little baby to get here. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!! You did such a good job! Where did you find all those cute decorations?? And oh my gosh Landon sleeping in that little bed is the sweetest thing ever. He's the best baby! Miss you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, so cute! I never knew you were such a decorator! I love the collage on the wall. Now come help me!!

    Love-Shan

    ReplyDelete