Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Kumbaya

Last weekend we went on our first camping trip together. The weather was amazing, the camp grounds were gorgeous and it was just so fun to spend time outside to kick off summer.


Look at our cute little tent! Can you believe we actually fit a queen sized air mattress in there!?


Our neighborhood for the weekend :)


We went on the prettiest hike with a river along the whole way.


Us girls


And the boys


It's been so long since the last I went camping, I forgot how much fun it is. There is something that is so relaxing about being away from homework and electricity. It was such a nice break.

 My favorite part of the whole weekend was when I came out of the very lady like porta potty and literally 15 feet away from me was a MOOSE! He was staring straight at me! Although I had just gone to the bathroom, I felt as though I was going to wet myself... my good friend Kelli was in the stall right next to me. I am still embarrassed about the way I reacted, but I began screaming my head off and pounding on her door to let me in. If this description doesn't show you my immense amount of bravery then I don't know what else will. Kelli then runs out of the stall and the situation get even better! We started chasing after the moose, (no I am not joking). Clearly I have not been around enough wild animals in my lifetime. Seriously now that the situation is over I realize how lucky (and dumb) we were that the moose didn't turn around and start charging us. I think he was pretty terrified after hearing the scream of death that came out of me just from seeing him...

It was such a good weekend! We loved spending time with friends and making memories together. 
Yay for camping!


2 comments:

  1. Hahaha you told that story perfectly! That was such a great weekend, we need to make many more memories to hold us over while you guys are gone next semester! I already can't wait for you guys to get back, and you haven't even left yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the Moose?! I would have screamed too. Glad you guys had fun. It looks beautiful there!

    Love-me

    ReplyDelete