Tuesday, June 11, 2013

It's a...

BOY!!!

We found out today that we are going to be having a sweet baby boy. We both felt like it was a boy but didn't have any logical reasoning of why. Having a boy first just feels right for us and we couldn't be more excited. We were also thrilled to see that our baby is healthy and growing strong. Here's an ultrasound picture of our little guy. It took forever to get such a good shot of his profile, the little stinker was wiggling and rolling around like crazy.


A lot of people have been requesting pregnancy updates and although I feel like some of this information may be a little boring for people to read I'm going to do an update. Plus it will be good for me to be able to read and remember the little things. So the first trimester was pretty good for me, I was sick and tired pretty much everyday. The sickness would come and go though and as long as I was eating regularly it wasn't too bad. I also felt like the first trimester went by really quickly which was nice. Once I hit about 13 weeks the sickness was, for the most part, gone other than a few random times. 

My belly basically popped out over night at like 15 weeks which was pretty shocking since everyone was telling me I probably wouldn't start showing until around 20 weeks. About a week ago I felt baby moving around in my belly. I don't think I would have noticed it if I wasn't really paying attention, because the movements were super subtle. The movements are pretty frequent, and still subtle but are getting stronger. Feeling our baby move around is one of the most special things I have ever experienced. I feel so close to him already and I just love feeling those daily reminders that he's in there and very active. I'm just starting to get a glimpse of motherhood. I love our little baby so much right now I can't imagine how much we are going to love him once he gets here. I'm 19 weeks now and seriously feeling great. I have way more energy than before and I really don't have anything to complain about. I feel like I'm in the really fun part of my pregnancy that everyone always talks about. I'm enjoying every minute!

Here's the belly shot everyone's been requesting. A lot of people have been telling me that I'm growing straight out. I guess that's the nice way of telling me that my belly is pretty big for how far along I am. I  really don't mind right now, but I am getting a little nervous for how big I will be at 40 weeks... yikes!

(19 weeks)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Tara! I'm really excited for you two! I'm glad to hear he's growing healthy and strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look soooo great!!!! Such a beautiful mama! And congratulations on a boy! Mark will be so jealous :) I'm glad you are feeling well. Thinking about you all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats! How exciting! I'm dying to know who he looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a good ultrasound picture! You can tell he's going to be a cutie!! I can't wait to see him!

    Love-me

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO exciting Tara! And you look absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having your belly grow straight out is a good thing... at least it's not straight-out-side-to-side-up-and-down-head-to-toe... :-) I'm super excited for you!! You will be a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete