Saturday, October 15, 2011

Mt. Stuart

Last weekend Peter climbed Mt. Stuart with my uncle Darrell and a few other guys. For those of you who do not know, Mt. Stuart is the largest piece of exposed granite in the United States and is 9, 415 ft high! (Don't worry I didn't know that until I just looked it up on google)
Anyways Peter seriously had such a great time with these guys, even though twenty minutes into the hike he got some of the worst blisters I have ever seen. I'm glad I was completely clueless as to how crazy this climb was while they were gone or else I would have been worried sick the whole time. I hope this is the craziest thing Peter does with Darrell while we're here but you never really know what to expect sometimes when you're living with The Smarts. Really though I'm glad that Peter is enjoying his time here just as much as I am. We really love Washington and the adventures we are having here.

Here are some pictures from the trip:
Peter, Brad and Darrell
This picture shows the beginning of the two day, 18 mile climb.











After hearing all of the stories about sleeping on the ground, near death experiences, eating pre-made meals that you just add water to, blisters and much more I asked Peter, "So was it even fun at all?" His response was "Oh it was a blast! I had such a good time!" Somehow that didn't make very much sense to me, but I'm glad they all enjoyed it.

For the record the guys invited me to come with, but I'm pretty sure it would be more miserable for whoever went with me than anything. As I have said before in previous posts, I am not exactly what I would call a "wilderness girl". Needless to say while Peter was gone I went shopping and enjoyed sleeping in my nice warm bed.

Also I finally found a job here! Woo hoo! I'm working at a grocery store deli/ Subway. Another thing I really like about Washington is how high their minimum wage is! Is it sad that minimum wage makes me excited? Anyways I'm just happy I found a job so I can stay somewhat busy.We love it here!
Yay for our temporary home of WA!

4 comments:

  1. 2 days!?! Nothing about that hike sounds appealing to me hahah! i would much rather sleep in my warm bed than on the ground. You are so smart not to go tara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're coming up to Yak this weekend! I'm excited to see you! And congrats to you and Peter for Mt. Climbing/Jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Peter is surviving all his adventures with Uncle Darrell! I miss you guys. Can't wait for Christmas!!

    -me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you trust me to take Peter. He was in some serious pain and didn't quit. You would've been proud of him.

    ReplyDelete