Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Work and Play

For the past two weeks we have been building a patio for Peter's parents. I must say it was quite the project and took a lot of manual labor. Luckily I have a super smart and handy husband who does very well with these kinds of things. I never knew how much work it took to build what seems like such a simple patio but it was a good learning experience and hard work just makes us stronger right? Well... at least after the soreness wears off.



Here is the finished Product! We are super proud of how it turned out and we are really excited to have a Labor day BBQ on it! I love reaping the benefits of hard work.



Also we babysat some of our super cute nieces and nephews for a week while Peter's brother and his wife went on an anniversary vacation together. They have the sweetest three kids and we had so much fun spending time with them. Especially since usually we are so far away and we hardly ever get to see them!


It was so cute to see Peter with them, he is definitely going to be a really good dad someday. They just adore their "Uncle Peter!"


Training for our half marathon is still very much in progress. Since before now I have not spent a whole lot of time in Charlotte I don't know my way around very well. Peter was on the Cross country team in High School so he knows lots of running trails. One day I was going running by myself so Peter drew a little map on my arm so I wouldn't get lost. I felt like such a little kid! But it was pretty funny and actually a pretty good idea, hey I didn't get lost! So it worked out pretty well!


These last few pictures are just some fun ones of what Hibbards do best, having fun!


Girls just wanna have fun!
Sister- in- law bonding! Gotta love it!





3 comments:

  1. Nice! The patio looks awesome! Go you guys! I LOVE the map on the arm... I think I'd still get lost though! hahaha. Can't wait to hear about your half! Not too much longer!

    Love ya!

    Sista

    ReplyDelete
  2. um the patio looks soo good! Now I know if Mark and I ever need to build a patio we should call you guys! and I loveee the map on your arm haha so funny, we really miss all your craziness. and good job on training! ur lookin hot! can't wait to see you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That patio is awesome! Mom will be so jealous. =) Oh my gosh, we miss you guys so much. Hurry up and get home!

    Love-me

    ReplyDelete